Alchemy aims to encourage a new generation of translators, both by publishing the translation work of students and through educator outreach.
Please contact email@example.com if you are a teacher interested in translation. We’d love to support your work!
Resources for Teaching Translation
Sample worksheet from Poetry Inside Out
(courtesy of the Center for the Art of Translation)
• Poetry Inside Out: Matsuo Bashō – Haiku
• Steiner, After Babel
• Bermann and Wood, Ed., Nation, Language, and the Ethics of Translation.
• Biguenet and Schulte, Theories of Translation: An Anthology of Essays from Dryden to Derrida
• Bly, The 8 Stages of Translation
• Kelly and Zetsche, Found in Translation
• Hofstadter, Le Ton Beau de Marot
• Jurafsky, The Language of Food: A Linguist Reads the Menu
• Pym, Exploring Translation Theories
• Pym, Method in Translation History
• Allen and Bernofsky, In Translation: Translators on Their Work and What It Means
Find additional resources to help bring translation curriculum into your classrooms at the Center for the Art of Translation.